Paper comes in many forms for many different uses. The fibers of which it is made have come from many different basic components, but its basic production process and essential properties remain the same. With slight changes or additions, it is still paper, whether…
When discussing the pieces in the Museum, we often talk about “works of art on paper”, an interesting category that is not defined by historic period, artist, or even by artistic medium, but, by the material the work is on – paper. Works that include…
On Saturday September 28, 2013, The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will open its doors free of charge along with 1,400 other participating venues for the eights annual Museum Day Live!
An internationally acclaimed sculptor, printmaker, painter, calligrapher, essayist, book designer, and poet, Leonard Baskin (American, 1922 – 2000) was a major figure in 20th-century American art.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is partnering with Folio Weekly to present the Folio Weekly Invitational Artist Exhibition.
Moran was born in England, but is best known for his panoramic landscapes of the American West. He began his artistic career in his teen years as an engraving apprentice at a magazine firm.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 157 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 174 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 178 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 178 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 179 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools