The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens would like to present Jim Draper: Feast of Flowers, a collection of large scale paintings that capture the beauty of Florida’s rich natural landscape, in honor of the 500th anniversary of Florida’s naming by Ponce de Leon. The show will be on view December 18, 2012 through April 7, 2013.
Today is the first day of our VSA Festival for 2012. Today alone we saw about 1000 students with special needs and had over 700 volunteers helping us from around the community. Students…
The Cummer Store has opened a special exhibition exit shop featuring merchandise specific to the exhibit…
This unique show, which opened in December 2011, includes several Western works from our Permanent Collection. And now we’re adding another impressive piece to the mix.
For the past month, we have been renovating The Eunice Pitt Odom Semmes & George Wingfield Semmes Gallery of Baroque Art. This gallery, otherwise known as the “blue” gallery due to the infamous blue wall color now has a new wall color and a new hanging system.
Q: There have been a lot of changes to the permanent collection galleries in the past few years. What’s going on?
A: In the past few years, The Cummer has…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 117 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 135 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 138 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 139 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 139 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools