Have you been in to see our Eugene Savage and One in Three exhibits? If not, you need to stop in before January 8th – this Sunday.
This podcast is part III of the Cummer Symposuim, The Inspiration of Florida. The Symposium was held on November 15, 2011. Sponsorship is provided by The Florida Hunanities Council. This podcast features Willie Johns, Seminole Tribe of Florida member and Tribal Historian and FSU Professor Dr. Andrew Franks leading a discussion on the history of the Seminole people.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is hosting a Symposium on The Inspiration of Florida to complement the latest exhibition Eugene Savage: The Seminole Paintings. Guest speakers will discuss topics relevant to art and imagery, as well as Seminole culture and Savage’s work.
November 15th from 1 to 6 PM, The Cummer Museum will be hosting a symposium. The symposium is entitled The Inspiration of Florida and will go along with the new exhibit, Eugene Savage: The Seminole Paintings.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Thanks @stacibushea for this very cool article about Harley Earl, a very influential early car designer. #FutureRetro bit.ly/100iu4e 2 hours ago
- Were you at the Motown Concert? What did you think? If you missed it, we have pictures! bit.ly/16ACAE8 #FutureRetro 23 hours ago
- Learn about the science behind the Chrystler Turbine. What could be cooler than a car with a jet engine? bit.ly/17jsgUD #FutureRetro 1 day ago
- ‘Grease is the word!’ So spend this ‘Summer Night’ with us in the Gardens! On June 28th, we will be showing Grease. bit.ly/10g2zRD 6 days ago
- Phone lines are down today. If you need to contact the Museum, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry for the inconvenience. 7 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools