This artful program held at The Cummer, is observed as a national model, serves as a vehicle for personal reflections, demonstrates the communicative power of visual and literary arts, and develops accessibility awareness for all.
Written by Jocelyn Boigenzahn, Curatorial Intern After serving in the Army during World War II, Bearden created a series of cubist inspired watercolors and paintings and called, The Passion of Christ. This this series was first exhibited at the Samuel Kootz Gallery in Bearden’s first New York show. Interestingly, most of the series was done in watercolor. [...]
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is pleased to announce the inclusion of Giovanni Battista Zelotti’s Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter in The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art’s upcoming exhibition, Paolo Veronese: A Master and His Workshop in Renaissance Venice. The piece is…
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens would like to present Jim Draper: Feast of Flowers, a collection of large scale paintings that capture the beauty of Florida’s rich natural landscape, in honor of the 500th anniversary of Florida’s naming by Ponce de Leon. The show will be on view December 18, 2012 through April 7, 2013.
Loïs Mailou Jones: A Life in Vibrant Color, a lively exhibition surveying the wide array of subjects and styles explored by the artist throughout her lifetime is on view at The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens through January 4, 2013.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will celebrate Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month this October with the opening of The Women of Vision exhibition in Art Connections. Art Beyond Sight (ABS) was created in 1987 on the premise that everyone must have access to the world’s visual culture if they are to participate fully in their communities and in the world at large.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 113 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 131 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 134 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 135 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 135 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools