The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is proud to announce the resolution of a Nazi-era provenance/restitution case regarding two items in the Wark Collection of Early Meissen Porcelain. In 2010, information was discovered that brought the provenance of the pieces, a teapot and a coffeepot, into question.
The St. Lawrence String Quartet (SLSQ) is one of the world-class chamber ensembles of its generation. Since winning both the Banff International String Quartet Competition and Young Concert Artists International Auditions in…
Have you seen our exhibition On the Silk Road and the High Seas: Chinese Ceramics, Culture, and Commerce? If you haven’t, time is running out – August 14th, 2011 is the last day this exhibition will be open to the public.
If you are a child, a child at heart, or a family with young children, you will love The Royal Dish Family Guide that you can pick up in the Lovett Gallery.
How well do you know The Cummer? If you think you can identify these items—currently on display throughout the Museum as 50 Favorites. Write your guesses in the comment section below and we will give the answers in two weeks, along with the next challenge. One winner will receive a complimentary one-day pass to the Museum. Good luck!
Greek fashion designer Mary Katrantzou, known for her bold, vibrant prints and signature lampshade skirts, has taken the beauty of Meissen and brought it to life in her fall 2011 collection.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Affinity Groups
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Collector's Choice
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Shop
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The CAFE
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Take in our brand new look tonight from 4 to 9 p.m. FREE gift to the first 500 visitors! http://t.co/cJqzevtJan 1 month ago
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 12 months ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 1 year ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 1 year ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 1 year ago
Powered by Twitter Tools