What is tattoo art? Is it simply infusing ink into your skin or is it so much more…? To some, it’s a permanent reminder, to others self-expression or religious transformation – and to the artists, it is the most unique and fragile mobile canvas one could ask for to showcase their passion.
Last night there was a great opportunity to see all that downtown has to offer to the community of Jacksonville. Were you there? First Wednesday Art Walk provides the opportunity for artists and artisans to display their work, musicians to fill the air with wonderful sounds, and local businesses to flourish. The people of Jacksonville, [...]
In celebration of The Cummer’s 50th Anniversary, the Up & Cummers have commissioned 50 local artists under the age of 50 to collaboratively reinterpret one of the museum’s “50 Favorite” works of art, Severin Roesen’s Still Life with Flowers, Fruit and Bird’s Nest.
What is urban art? When and where is artistic expression reasonable and appropriate? Should Jacksonville take a step forward and encourage more public art?
It is no secret that the health care industry plays a vital role in Jacksonville’s sustainability. What many in our community do not know is that the arts play a very important role within that world of helping people heal.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 152 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 170 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 173 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 174 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 174 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools