Nearly thirty local collectors were invited to shape this exhibition’s content, sharing some of their most prized possessions with the community. Each collector has selected the pieces that best illustrate their passion for collecting. Although the works in the exhibition span continents and centuries, each has a unique story and broader message about the role [...]
Have you been in to see our Eugene Savage and One in Three exhibits? If not, you need to stop in before January 8th – this Sunday.
One in Three: Let’s Solve our Dropout Crisis, is a powerful art exhibition and community mobilization effort to unite the city of Jacksonville and to create a common vision for our schools.
One in Three, an exhibit spearheaded by The Jacksonville Public Education Fund, is on display at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens through December. The exhibit includes large scale photographs, written narratives, and testimonial videos that highlight the faces and stories of 20 Duval County public school students.
Duval County is at a critical crossroads for improving public education. Therefore, the Jacksonville Public Education Fund has launched a year-long campaign called ONE by ONE in order to bring the community together with hopes of improving public education and lowering the dropout rate.
Most people think about experiencing art in only one way – a visual way. We can see works of art in a gallery. We can see how the elements of a work of art are related to each other, and to the whole. We take for granted the ability to examine or admire a work of art, or to create our own.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Collector's Choice
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 292 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 310 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 313 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 314 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 314 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools