The first of our openings with this new format will for Modern Dialect, this Friday, October 18 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. We will be offering art-making projects in the Mason Gallery, there will be live music, and we will be giving private exhibition tours at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 6 p.m.
It is July, about half way between school terms, and it is week five of Camp Cummer. As usual, the summer at the Cummer has its rains and heat, its humidity and sweating brows. Art fills the studios, curiosity echoes in the galleries and lunchtime brings out a “roaring” play in the Gardens, as the campers tap into new found energy. Except for Wednesdays…
This beautifully gilded pair of Louis XVI ormolu figural candelabra were cast after a model made by Falconet. Each displays a…
It is spring time in the Cummer Gardens. Stop by to enjoy the beauty of nature in the lovely spring weather.
The Azalea, originally called Indica azalea, was first found in Japan when Asia was still the East Indies. Now azaleas not only pepper Asia and Europe, but they are also used in extraordinary quantity in the southeastern United States.
Amaryllis is also known as the belladonna lily or naked lady. The plant has beautiful trumpet-shaped blooms, long strap-like leaves, and is local to the tropical areas of South America.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 115 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 133 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 137 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 137 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 137 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools