These books are recommended as sources to put the era of these poignant paintings into perfect context and perspective. From the hardships of the Depression to the artwork that came out of it to the politics of the time, these books will…
This series will highlight 10 quick and easy facts about different cultures, artistic movements, and stylistic periods. Stay tuned for the next list in the series!
To see more paintings from Modern Dialect, come visit the Museum before January 5th, 2014.
Don’t miss your last chance to see this very exciting show. The Year of the Sheep closes on July 8th, 2012.
The next Adventures in Art series at the Ponte Vedra Library will be held on Tuesday, April 10th from 6:30- 7:30 p.m. Cummer Director Hope McMath and Vietnam veteran Richard Chamberlain will be presenting Art and Healing– The Year of the Sheep.
The first exhibition of 2012 will be the artwork of a local artist, Richard Chamberlain. In the late 1980s, Chamberlain began a series of paintings dealing with his experiences in Vietnam.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 160 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 178 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 181 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 182 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 182 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools