Outside the Stein Gallery, staged around the Pines and beneath the Cypress is a large grouping of…
What is tattoo art? Is it simply infusing ink into your skin or is it so much more…? To some, it’s a permanent reminder, to others self-expression or religious transformation – and to the artists, it is the most unique and fragile mobile canvas one could ask for to showcase their passion.
A very special thank you to our Decorations Chairs, Katherine Forrester and Christy Blake, their creativity and vision made the museum shine. Katherine and Christy also worked closely with Mark Grandin of Mark Grandin Events. Our floral decorations were created by Ann Evans of Cypress. Ann’s designs are sophisticated, modern and elegant.
In celebration of The Cummer’s 50th Anniversary, the Up & Cummers have commissioned 50 local artists under the age of 50 to collaboratively reinterpret one of the museum’s “50 Favorite” works of art, Severin Roesen’s Still Life with Flowers, Fruit and Bird’s Nest.
Garden Week is our sole fundraiser for our historic gardens. The funds raised from Garden Week are dedicated to the restoration of our Olmsted Garden. Without the generosity and support of our donors and sponsors, we could not host Garden Week at The Cummer. We would like to thank our Garden Week sponsors and donors, along with everyone who attended Garden Week, for their generous support. Together we are fulfilling Ninah Cummer’s dream of making The Cummer “a place of beauty and culture for all.”
Please pardon our dirt! In an effort to maintain the historical integrity of the Italian Garden, which is now listed in the National Register of Historic Places, The Cummer is in the process of replacing all the cypress in the garden.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 19 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 37 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 41 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 41 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 41 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools