The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is proud to announce the resolution of a Nazi-era provenance/restitution case regarding two items in the Wark Collection of Early Meissen Porcelain. In 2010, information was discovered that brought the provenance of the pieces, a teapot and a coffeepot, into question.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens features a permanent collection of nearly 5,000 works of art on their riverfront campus in Jacksonville.
Join Curator Holly Keris on Tuesday night for a lecture about the power and passion behind Meissen Porcelain.
In this episode we walk you through our rededicated Betsy and William D. Lovett Gallery, home to the Meissen collection, and our beautifully redesigned exhibition space. The collection is one of our great treasures.
The Betsy and William D. Lovett Gallery has been closed for renovation since February. During this time, the Curatorial Department has been busy removing all the paintings, furniture, Meissen porcelain and tearing down all the fabric and carpet. When that was done, we…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 156 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 174 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 177 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 178 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 178 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools