The current exhibit Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection, on display in the Mason Gallery until January 5, 2014, contains works made by various artists in the early to mid 20th century. The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens’ permanent collection also contains works by three of these artists: William Zorach, John Steuart Curry, and George Wesley Bellows.
This series will highlight 10 quick and easy facts about different cultures, artistic movements, and stylistic periods. Stay tuned for the next list in the series!
To see more paintings from Modern Dialect, come visit the Museum before January 5th, 2014.
The artwork in Modern Dialect draws inspiration from events taking place in early 20th century America. Whether it is poverty, war, or celebrating the American dream, the work evokes many feelings from the viewer. Local artists Jim Draper, Lily Kuonen, and Dustin Harewood will be on hand to…
The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens would like to present Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman collection. This exhibit brings together…
2013 Garden Month provides many opportunities for our members and guests of all ages to explore and experience our historic gardens through exciting events, tours, lectures, classes and exhibitions.
This magnificent tree originated from the Indian subcontinent, reaching China, South East Asia, and Oceania. The Crepe Myrtle, also known by its Latin and scientific name Lagerstroemia, arrived in England in 1759, but due to…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 114 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 132 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 135 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 136 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 136 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools