In celebration of the release of his new book and The Cummer’s exhibition of The Art of Empathy, please join us for a special lecture with him. He will be discussing…
Much like the Cummer’s current special exhibition Modern Dialect, the Ritz Chamber Players performance will offer a decidedly American flair!
Coffee and refreshments provided.
The artwork in Modern Dialect draws inspiration from events taking place in early 20th century America. Whether it is poverty, war, or celebrating the American dream, the work evokes many feelings from the viewer. Local artists Jim Draper, Lily Kuonen, and Dustin Harewood will be on hand to…
The first of our openings with this new format will for Modern Dialect, this Friday, October 18 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. We will be offering art-making projects in the Mason Gallery, there will be live music, and we will be giving private exhibition tours at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 6 p.m.
On Saturday September 28, 2013, The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens will open its doors free of charge along with 1,400 other participating venues for the eights annual Museum Day Live!
This collaboration captures not only the beauty of The Cummer’s existing Gardens, but provides insight into the passionate woman who had the vision, heart and energy to bring such beauty to our city.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 156 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 174 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 177 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 178 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 178 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools