Noted wildlife illustrator John James Audubon spent time documenting the wildlife of Florida. Two of his works are represented in this exhibition.
This piece can be found in the La Florida exhibit. Florida’s beach culture produced not only innovations in the sport of surfing but surfboards of great beauty. Listen Now Get the Podcast Suscribe to the Cummer Podcast in iTunes Visit the podcast page on our blog Subscribe with your own podcast reader Download an MP3 of [...]
This podcast is Touch Tour of the Gardens, and will be available at the front desk, along with large print Garden Guides.
University of Florida Professor of History Dr. Jack E. Davis speaks on An Everglades Providence: Marjory Stoneman Douglas and the American Environmental Century.
This podcast is part I of the Cummer Symposuim, The Inspiration of Florida. The Symposium was held on November 15, 2011. Sponsorship is provided by The Florida Humanities Council. This podcast features Holly Keris, Cummer curator and Elizabeth Heuer, guest curator speaking on the topic of the Eugene Savage exhibition.
This podcast is part III of the Cummer Symposuim, The Inspiration of Florida. The Symposium was held on November 15, 2011. Sponsorship is provided by The Florida Hunanities Council. This podcast features Willie Johns, Seminole Tribe of Florida member and Tribal Historian and FSU Professor Dr. Andrew Franks leading a discussion on the history of the Seminole people.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Collector's Choice
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 291 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 309 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 312 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 313 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 313 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools