Q: Why did the Museum install new windows along the Riverside Avenue facade? A: Cummer staff has been busy this summer working with our friends at Elkins Constructors on a water intrusion project at the Museum. As you may know, The Cummer is celebrating our 50th Anniversary in 2011. Unfortunately, it meant that all the windows [...]
In 1994, The Cummer Gallery of Art became The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens.
Hope McMath tells about the inspiration for the One in Three initiative.
Please remember that even if you do follow the recipe exactly, it doesn’t always turn out just right. I have had these not set up for me AND be hard and dry. But most of the time, the recipe is just right.
In general, museums “loan” artwork from their permanent collection to other similar institutions for a variety of reasons. The most common type of loan request is for an exhibition. Although “loaning” artwork to another museum sounds easy, it is a complicated process that should be made with great care.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 24 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 42 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 45 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 46 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 46 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools