It was an exciting night at Englewood Elementary School as Duval County Public Schools in Jacksonville prepare families for the celebration of an annual celebration of Carnival. Mardi Gras, as it’s commonly known in America, has roots in in the city of New Orleans, Louisiana. United States of America. The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens could not miss this event.
Museum Advocacy Day presents an opportunity for individuals involved in the culture of museums to travel to Washington DC and advocate for policy and funding issues that affect their field.
The Cummer is embarking on a renewed effort to fulfill its mission of engaging and inspiring through the arts, gardens and education. Your financial support through a tax-deductible donation, whether $50 or $5,000, will help support our mission.
The annual, independent audit of our financial statements started this week. Audits assure stakeholders – our Board, donors, and the community – that our financial statements fairly reflect the financial position of the Museum.
Since its opening in November 1961, The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens has stood as a beacon of man-made art and natural beauty to the Jacksonville community.
Frederick Frieseke was born in Owasso, Michigan. After the death of his mother, the young Frieseke came to Jacksonville, Florida to live with his uncle, Albert Carl Frieseke.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 155 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 173 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 176 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 177 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 177 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools