The current exhibit Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection, on display in the Mason Gallery until January 5, 2014, contains works made by various artists in the early to mid 20th century. The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens’ permanent collection also contains works by three of these artists: William Zorach, John Steuart Curry, and George Wesley Bellows.
In Greek and Roman mythology, Venus, known as “Aphrodite” in Greek, is the goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, and prosperity. Across history, poetry, and songs have been created and wars have been started in honor of her influence over…
The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens would like to present The Art of Empathy: The Cummer Mother of Sorrows in Context. This exhibition is designed to showcase a masterwork in The Cummer’s permanent collection, Mother of Sorrows (c.1470). It is one of only five known…
In celebration of the release of his new book and The Cummer’s exhibition of The Art of Empathy, please join us for a special lecture with him. He will be discussing…
This series will highlight 10 quick and easy facts about different cultures, artistic movements, and stylistic periods. Stay tuned for the next list in the series!
To see more paintings from Modern Dialect, come visit the Museum before January 5th, 2014.
To get you to see his message and his commitment to the idea of freedom of expression, he exhibits an deep sense of irreverence, seeming to shout that nothing is sacred, not even art.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 27 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 45 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 48 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 49 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 49 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools