If you’re familiar at all with the history of Jacksonville, then you are probably familiar with the Great Fire of 1901. Around noon on May 3, 1901, a spark at a mattress factory in the LaVilla area of Downtown ignited the largest and most devastating fire in the history of the Southeastern United States.
By Bianca Askevold, Marketing Intern 5 Points Theatre is having an encore presentation of Classic Silent Comedy on September 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM. The show will begin with Fatty and Buster’s “The Bell Boy,” (1918). “Norman’s Shorts” will follow, which features clips from some of Richard E. Norman’s silent films. Lastly, “Fatty’s Plucky Pub” [...]
The Jacksonville Jazz Festival has been a part of the city for decades bringing in thousands of people to enjoy the free festivities of live jazz performances, juried art shows and wine tastings.
Have you ever been to the Veterans Memorial Arena and looked up to the sky? If you have, then you’ve probably seen the “Talking Continents.” But if you haven’t, you might want to keep reading.
The Cummer is proud to partner with the St. Johns RIVERKEEPER on a recently launched river friendly education campaign to raise awareness about the impact of our actions upon the health of the St Johns River and to inform and inspire people to adopt river-friendly lifestyle practices.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 24 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 42 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 45 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 46 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 46 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools