…the arts and culture industry contributed over $66 million to Jacksonville’s economy in 2011. With the help of One Spark, this number could increase exponentially over the next few years. Imagine people traveling from across the country and around the world to come to Jacksonville. Think the World’s Fair for the 21st century, and it could be right here in little old Jacksonville.
David received a Masters Degree of Fine Arts in Oil Painting from the University of Illinois in 1986. His artwork has always been a combination of Abstract Expressionism and Realism. He enjoys creating…
When one thinks of “The Circle of Life,” they automatically start singing the iconic Disney song. At least that’s what I do, but maybe I’m still just a kid at heart. However, to some artists, such as Sarah Crooks Flaire, it means so much more than the theme song to a movie about singing desert animals.
Art lies not only within the Museums in Jacksonville, but throughout the city in public places that you may or may not have already been to. Some may be in the most unexpected places that you visit on a daily basis or some may be lying around town that you just never got a chance to go visit.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, the Museum of Science and History, and the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens invite you to attend our second annual SHZAM Camp!
Last night there was a great opportunity to see all that downtown has to offer to the community of Jacksonville. Were you there? First Wednesday Art Walk provides the opportunity for artists and artisans to display their work, musicians to fill the air with wonderful sounds, and local businesses to flourish. The people of Jacksonville, [...]
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Collector's Choice
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 289 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 307 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 310 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 311 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 311 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools