When one thinks of “The Circle of Life,” they automatically start singing the iconic Disney song. At least that’s what I do, but maybe I’m still just a kid at heart. However, to some artists, such as Sarah Crooks Flaire, it means so much more than the theme song to a movie about singing desert animals.
Art lies not only within the Museums in Jacksonville, but throughout the city in public places that you may or may not have already been to. Some may be in the most unexpected places that you visit on a daily basis or some may be lying around town that you just never got a chance to go visit.
The Cummer is embarking on a renewed effort to fulfill its mission of engaging and inspiring through the arts, gardens and education. Your financial support through a tax-deductible donation, whether $50 or $5,000, will help support our mission.
The Nierembergia can be seen in both blue and white here in The Cummer Gardens. It makes it a habit to grow neatly and can be used in the front of beds or borders to give your garden a crisp look.
The Italian Garden was designed in 1931, after Ninah Cummer had seen the gardens of the Villa Gamberaia. Ellen Biddle Shipman designed the garden to look very similar to…
Benjamin West was an Anglo-American painter of historical scenes around the time of the American Revolution. Not only was he an extremely gifted painter, he was also…
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Thanks @stacibushea for this very cool article about Harley Earl, a very influential early car designer. #FutureRetro bit.ly/100iu4e 5 hours ago
- Were you at the Motown Concert? What did you think? If you missed it, we have pictures! bit.ly/16ACAE8 #FutureRetro 1 day ago
- Learn about the science behind the Chrystler Turbine. What could be cooler than a car with a jet engine? bit.ly/17jsgUD #FutureRetro 1 day ago
- ‘Grease is the word!’ So spend this ‘Summer Night’ with us in the Gardens! On June 28th, we will be showing Grease. bit.ly/10g2zRD 6 days ago
- Phone lines are down today. If you need to contact the Museum, please email email@example.com. Sorry for the inconvenience. 7 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools