If you are a child, a child at heart, or a family with young children, you will love The Royal Dish Family Guide that you can pick up in the Lovett Gallery.
We are anticipating another creative and fun summer at The Cummer for our campers. All of the educators are working on a dynamic curriculum that includes drawing, painting, clay, printmaking and collage. We are going to spend time in the galleries learning about…
The Cummer serves over 22,000 students and teachers every year through our school tours. We encourage students to ask questions and make observations during their museum experience. Every now and then, they say some of the darnedest things. I thought I’d share a few of their comments with you.
During our recent Garden Week, Cummer children’s classes focused on photography in the garden. Enjoy some of their work in this post as well as photos I took of them in process.
One of our great African American female artists represented in The Cummer’s collection is Augusta Savage. You may have seen her work when visiting the current Cummer Legacy exhibit, but did you know that she is a native of northeast Florida?
The museum recently hosted a workshop with the talented photographer Anna Tomczak. Participants learned techniques for transferring their photographic images to various materials such as paper, fabric, wax and wood.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- Thanks @stacibushea for this very cool article about Harley Earl, a very influential early car designer. #FutureRetro bit.ly/100iu4e 19 hours ago
- Were you at the Motown Concert? What did you think? If you missed it, we have pictures! bit.ly/16ACAE8 #FutureRetro 2 days ago
- Learn about the science behind the Chrystler Turbine. What could be cooler than a car with a jet engine? bit.ly/17jsgUD #FutureRetro 2 days ago
- ‘Grease is the word!’ So spend this ‘Summer Night’ with us in the Gardens! On June 28th, we will be showing Grease. bit.ly/10g2zRD 7 days ago
- Phone lines are down today. If you need to contact the Museum, please email email@example.com. Sorry for the inconvenience. 8 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools