So, what do the Nazis have to do with Jacksonville, you ask? With two pieces of Nazi loot uncovered in The Cummer’s permanent collection, the answer is more than you might think.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is proud to announce the resolution of a Nazi-era provenance/restitution case regarding two items in the Wark Collection of Early Meissen Porcelain. In 2010, information was discovered that brought the provenance of the pieces, a teapot and a coffeepot, into question.
One thousand guests attended, including Florida Governor Farris Bryant and Jacksonville Mayor Haydon Burns. Governor Bryant said that he…
Q: Why did the Museum install new windows along the Riverside Avenue facade? A: Cummer staff has been busy this summer working with our friends at Elkins Constructors on a water intrusion project at the Museum. As you may know, The Cummer is celebrating our 50th Anniversary in 2011. Unfortunately, it meant that all the windows [...]
Q: There have been a lot of changes to the permanent collection galleries in the past few years. What’s going on?
A: In the past few years, The Cummer has…
Shortly after Arthur’s death in 1943, Ninah Cummer turned her attention from her gardens to her passion for art and began to dream about the creation of a museum on her property.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 156 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 174 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 177 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 178 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 178 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools