The Museum’s educational tours allow firsthand examination of original works of art from Ancient Egyptian sculpture through American 20th century painting. Trained Docents engage students in meaningful discussions of the social, historical, and artistic context of works of art.
Mary Cassatt was born in Allegheny City, Pennsylvania, which is now part of Pittsburgh, on May 22, 1844.
Durer was a German painter, draughtsman, art theorist, but is most famous as a print maker. He is regarded as the greatest German Renaissance artist.
On Saturday, April 10 the Cummer educational staff had the pleasure to host an art making activity for the participants of the annual HEAL Walk at the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens. The HEAL foundation is dedicated to assisting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders living in the greater Jacksonville area. Participants at the walk spent the [...]
The Cummer believes in its mission to engage and inspire all through arts, gardens, and education. On Friday, January 28th we hosted a daylong session of creative renewal and inspiration for EE/SS and inclusion educators. Sponsored by The Florida Diagnostic & Learning Resource System (FDLRS/CROWN), the day took the educators through a process of arts [...]
An artist, a poet, a performer, a presenter, a blogger, a leader, even a marketing director: the Museum’s Junior Docents program has placed me in roles that I could not have otherwise imagined. It is hard for me to fathom how much the two-hour monthly meetings have affected my personality over the years, but I truly believe that I grew up through this experience, and it will continue to be a significant chapter in my life after I graduate.
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Collector's Choice
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 312 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 330 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 333 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 334 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 334 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools