It was an exciting night at Englewood Elementary School as Duval County Public Schools in Jacksonville prepare families for the celebration of an annual celebration of Carnival. Mardi Gras, as it’s commonly known in America, has roots in in the city of New Orleans, Louisiana. United States of America. The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens could not miss this event.
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, the Museum of Science and History, and the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens invite you to attend our second annual SHZAM Camp!
Please join us as Jack E. Davis, Professor of History at the University of Florida, will be at The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens on November 8, 2011 presenting on his book, An Everglades Providence: Marjory Stoneman Douglas and the American Environmental Century. Lecture is scheduled from 7:00-8:00pm in the Auditorium.
One in Three, an exhibit spearheaded by The Jacksonville Public Education Fund, is on display at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens through December. The exhibit includes large scale photographs, written narratives, and testimonial videos that highlight the faces and stories of 20 Duval County public school students.
Looking for a bright addition to cheer up your day? The Cummer during summer is the right place to be!
I have loved every moment of my time here, and I would definitely recommend the Education Internship to anyone considering applying for the position in the future. I can only imagine what the rest of the summer has in store for me and my fellow interns!
Sign Up for our email Newsletter
- 50 Favorites
- Art & Science
- Art Around Town
- Ask Anything
- Behind the Scenes
- Cultural Connections
- Cummer Trivia
- DIY & Photo Challenges
- FOCUS Cummer
- Legacy Archives
- Museum Store
- Now & Then
- Special Events
- The TreeCup
- Up & Cummers
- Wordless Wednesday
Connect with Us
Leave Us A Review
@thecummermuseum On Twitter
- A big #FF shout out to all of our great friends who’ve included us in their conversations! @johnmeeks1974 @Caroleknud @varick @FloridaMining 24 days ago
- The Sock Monkey has been a favorite toy for well over a century, but the iconic Sock Monkey emerged in… instagram.com/p/gBQjqbgYoV/ 42 days ago
- I hate to post the same kind of image two days in a row, but this was too pretty to pass up. instagram.com/p/f46Kk-gYt5/ 46 days ago
- Lunch, Lecture, & Tour at The Cummer – bit.ly/16ygoZH #FOCUSCummer 46 days ago
- Modern Dialect: American Paintings from the John and Susan Horseman Collection. #ModernDialect bit.ly/1gJ7SRq 46 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools