As a finale to Garden Week, March 12-17, The Cummer is hosting Garden Family Day on Saturday, March 17th, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Please join us for all of the festivities.
- If you haven’t already, check out Impressionism and Post Impressionism from The High Museum of Art. The painting capture the color and light of being in the glorious outdoors.
- Make a garden journal that you can use to sketch plein air–that means you can sketch outside in the gardens.
- Paint a butterfly that you can fly from flower to flower through the gardens.
- Draw a still life in the studio capturing all of the color and forms of garden plants, insects, and statues.
- Complete a scavenger hunt through the garden and win a prize.
- Paint in the garden using a kit from Make Art Now.
- Learn about the gardens through our new garden interactives–listen to an audio tour of the garden, complete a garden family guide, follow the paths of the garden map on your smartphone, take a tour by following a printed guide, and more.